STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
You should be an enthusiastic “team player” with a desire to make a difference in a small business. We operate in a team focussed, down to earth, “no-nonsense” environment. Common sense, tenacity and a sense of humour are essential.
For an ambitious, flexible confident, self-motivated team player this is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference to our already high-achieving organisation.
Reporting into a Senior Developer, this role offers the opportunity for the successful developer to work in an environment where they will develop client-side code using the latest Frameworks such as React, Angular etc. The successful candidate will be able to gain knowledge of the Office 365, SharePoint Online, Azure and the Microsoft Cloud development stack.
The successful candidate will be key in contributing to new features for the existing version and the new version of our Intranet solution – ‘Mercury’.
The existing version of the product is built using TypeScript, jQuery, moment, requireJS and handlebars so good knowledge of all of these is essential.
For an individual looking to make the move into Microsoft technologies, this is the ideal place to start.
The successful candidate will be key in contributing to the next version of our Intranet solution – ‘Mercury’.
The role will include (but not be limited) to the following:
- Working with other developers as part of an agile development team, participating in daily stand up calls and performing ‘show and tells’ when required.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest Office 365, SharePoint Online and Azure development practices.
- Expanding our innovative product range in addition to contributing to the ongoing development of new products and working on our portfolio of client projects.
- Developing our SharePoint Online Intranet product (https://www.mercuryintranet.com).
- Working with clients to deliver their Intranet based on Mercury and on other SharePoint Online-based applications.
- Engaging with fellow developers, UX designers, testers and, stakeholders to support with all work requirements.
- At least 3 years’ experience in front-end development.
- Experience of working with frameworks, React is preferable.
- Knowledge and practical experience with agile methodologies, particularly SCRUM
- Experience in designing, marking up and developing responsive UIs for web applications.
- Knowledge and experience in using REST APIs
- Fluent in the use of GIT
- Knowledge and use of Gulp and/or webpack
- Responsive design
- Source control – GIT
- Test Driven Development
- Responsive design
- SharePoint Online/Office 365 Development
- SharePoint Framework (SPFx)
- SharePoint REST APIs
- SharePoint Patterns & Practices Framework
- SharePoint Framework
- C# Development
- Passion to learn all the latest user interface technologies and frameworks.
- Ability to produce clean test-driven code and understanding of the impact of not doing so.
- Self-learners with initiative, a drive to succeed and a passion for modern software development.
- Professionally presented, have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident presenter – both on a 1-to-1 basis and to groups.
- Enthusiastic energetic in their daily working life.
- Ambitious and flexible with a desire to succeed and progress both themselves and the business.
- A fast and keen learner of new applications/ technologies.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Good sense of humour.
- Development of solutions and Mercury components under the tutelage of a Senior Developer
- Develop and execute comprehensive integration and unit testing.
- Support the production of accurate estimates for development work.
- Participate in the team’s analysis of complex problems.
- Self-manage to plan and organise your time so that all work is completed satisfactorily and meets agreed deadlines.
- Liaising with existing and new clients through Show & Tells.
- Read wireframes and produce clean front-end code, at times come up with basic UI design whenever UI wireframes are not available.
- Write documentation for the design and development artefacts.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program to those who complete the probationary period, including:
- Guaranteed pay progression based on set milestones.
- Company pension (6%) – starting after 3 months from the commencement of employment
- 21 days holiday including an extra day for your birthday, plus statutory Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day for each completed year of service to a maximum of 26 days.
- Flexible working hours
- Company mobile phone (after successful completion of probationary period)
- Private healthcare (available after 5 years of service)
- Perkbox discounts/perks platform – https://www.perkbox.com/uk/(available after 1 year of service)
How To Apply
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com